Sabroom Land Port at a Glance
- Land Port Sabroom is located in the South Tripura district of the state of Tripura along the international border between India and Bangladesh.
- The proposed Land Port is strategically located at the southern-most tip of Tripura State and has a vital role in linking India and Bangladesh, both through the road and railway link.
- Sabroom is directly connected to Chittagong port of Bangladesh through Maitree bridge on River Feni which is about 75 km from the proposed Land Port.
- On 9th March 2021, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Land Port at Sabroom through video conferencing.
- Letter of Award of work:28-12-2021
- Likely date of operationalisation: In Q1-Q2 of 2023-2024