Srimantapur Land Port at a Glance
- Land Port Srimantapur is located along the international border between India and Bangladesh, located at a distance of about 4 kms from Sonamura Sub- Division town and 63 kms from the city of Agartala in Tripura.
- The Land Port is located at just a distance of 8-10 kms from the Comilla district of the neighbouring country and thus makes it an extremely viable and cost-efficient route to trade between India and Bangladesh.
- The Land Port Srimantapur terminal also has one floating jetty on the Gomati river which flows through Tripura and the district of Comilla in Bangladesh. With the opening of the floating jetty, Tripura has also joined the map of Inland Water Transport and this is expected to further boost India’s trade with Bangladesh.
- The Land Port is spread over 3.51 acres of land.
|Year||Total Trade (Crores)||Total Cargo Movement (Nos)||Total Passenger Movement (Nos)|
|2021-22||171.89||6,771||No movement of Foreign Passengers due to COVID-19|
- Land Ports Authority of India
- Bureau of Immigration
- Border Security Force
- Plant Quarantine, Ministry Of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Mechanized Cargo Handling Equipment:
- Hydra crane
- Wood Apple
- Betel Leaf
- Steam Coal
- Fruit Drink
- Carbonated Beverage
- PVC Pipes & Tubes
- Kitchen Racks of Iron
- Agro Plastic Net
- Brick Crusher and Thrashing Machine (without engine)
- Cordage & Rope of Cotton